Sunday, December 13, 2015

Red and White Bed Quilt


I finally finished my red and white quilt! Normally I make blocks with a finished size of 12" or 9", but on this quilt the finished block size is 15 1/2".  The larger block size is easier to work with, and makes for a less busy design. Plus you don't have to cut as many squares.


This is the first large quilt I have made with Churn Dash blocks. However, they aren't traditional Churn Dash blocks. I put a pinwheel inside, set the block on point, and added corner squares.


This is also the first time I used a white backing. It isn't completely plain, it has white flowers printed all over it. Usually I find a fun print for the back, but this white seemed to work well with the quilt top. I quilted cross hatching all over, then stitched just inside the border.



I recreated an old picture of two of my older quilts. Both those quilts have since sold.

Original picture.
New picture.
I didn't notice that I was copying my old color schemes until I had finished the red and white quilt. A pattern for the red and white will be up in the shop soon. Now to decide what to work on next, so many ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Shop

One of a Kind Quilts
Browse quilts in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles. Also view table runners, PDF quilting patterns, wall hangings, and fabric grab bags.

On the Blog

Tutorials, Patterns, and More
View tutorials on fun sewing projects, basic quiting skills, and many different quilt blocks. Downloan free PDF patterns and printables.

Pattern Store

PDF Quilt Patterns
There is a variety quilt pattern styles to choose from. Bed quilt patterns, table runner patterns, and more.

Popular Posts

Free Pattern: Linked Stars
Posted on October 22, 2016
Full Machine Quilt Binding Tutorial
Posted on Septemeber 2, 2016
Tips and Tricks for Cutting Quilt Squares
Posted on July 12, 2016
No Waste Flying Geese Quilt Block Method
Posted on December 15, 2015

Follow Fluffy Puppy Quilt Works