Monday, December 7, 2015

Flower Baby Quilt


This quilt is so bright and sunny! It was fun to piece it together because I normally stick to a basic grid of blocks. For this one, I made a flower with pinwheels around it and set the flower on point. I added a little border of yellow to frame the quilt, then I bound it in a white fabric with little pink flowers printed on it.


I like to use flannel for baby quilt backing. It's so soft and gentle and washes well. Normally I don't do anything special to piece a quilt back, but this quilt just looked like it needed something pretty. The white border around the yellow flannel works well.


Right now, cross hatching is my favorite quilting method. I do like to do free motion quilting for borders, especially to quilt feathers. I am working on a pattern for this quilt and will have it up in the shop soon.
This quilt measures 43" x 43". The fabrics I used are from the White Washed Cottage collection by Moda Fabrics. Every fabric in that collection is beautiful! I got enough of it to make a baby quilt and lap quilt. No idea what the lap quilt is going to look like yet, but I can't wait to get started!



No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Shop

One of a Kind Quilts
Browse quilts in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles. Also view table runners, PDF quilting patterns, wall hangings, and fabric grab bags.

On the Blog

Tutorials, Patterns, and More
View tutorials on fun sewing projects, basic quiting skills, and many different quilt blocks. Downloan free PDF patterns and printables.

Pattern Store

PDF Quilt Patterns
There is a variety quilt pattern styles to choose from. Bed quilt patterns, table runner patterns, and more.

Popular Posts

Free Pattern: Linked Stars
Posted on October 22, 2016
Full Machine Quilt Binding Tutorial
Posted on Septemeber 2, 2016
Tips and Tricks for Cutting Quilt Squares
Posted on July 12, 2016
No Waste Flying Geese Quilt Block Method
Posted on December 15, 2015

Follow Fluffy Puppy Quilt Works