Monday, March 7, 2016

Another No Measuring Quilt: Elegant Pinks and Yellows


Can you tell I love this method for making baby quilts? It shows off all the prints, yet is still a great simple pattern for a crib quilt. These fabrics are from the White Washed Cottage collection from Moda. I quilted diamonds over the center of the quilt in pale yellow thread. Normally I use white thread when I am going over several different colors, but for this quilt the yellow blended over some parts, and contrasted nicely over the pink and white sections.


I had fun stitching around the perimeter of this quilt. I stitched a zigzag stitch in yellow thread over the seam, and quilted a serpentine stitch just inside the seam. On the outside of the seam, I used a pale pink thread to sew some flowers. After the flowers I quilted a scallop stitch. Again I got myself to use a thread color other than white! The flowers and scallops almost look like lace.



I backed it with a Robert Kaufman Cozy Cotton flannel. It's white with yellow/gold polka dots. I think the polka dot flannel contrasts nicely with the quilt top, and it is super soft. The colored thread looks beautiful over the white and gold backing. I used yellow thread again for the binding stitch. Since it is a hard to hide a machine binding stitch, I like to make it work with the quilt and purposely make it more visible. It frames the quilt nicely and matches the rest of the decorative stitches.




You can view the Etsy listing here.

My first no measuring quilt post is here.

Thank you for stopping by the blog and happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Shop

One of a Kind Quilts
Browse quilts in a variety of colors, sizes, and styles. Also view table runners, PDF quilting patterns, wall hangings, and fabric grab bags.

On the Blog

Tutorials, Patterns, and More
View tutorials on fun sewing projects, basic quiting skills, and many different quilt blocks. Downloan free PDF patterns and printables.

Pattern Store

PDF Quilt Patterns
There is a variety quilt pattern styles to choose from. Bed quilt patterns, table runner patterns, and more.

Popular Posts

Free Pattern: Linked Stars
Posted on October 22, 2016
Full Machine Quilt Binding Tutorial
Posted on Septemeber 2, 2016
Tips and Tricks for Cutting Quilt Squares
Posted on July 12, 2016
No Waste Flying Geese Quilt Block Method
Posted on December 15, 2015

Follow Fluffy Puppy Quilt Works